Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Wedding Itinerary

Can you believe that it is once again Wednesday!?!  This week has been flying by.

As you are well aware, Wednesdays equal tidbits of wedding knowledge.  Today I’ll be discussing a very important part of the days leading up to your wedding, an itinerary.

Mr. Bear is a groomsman in a friend’s wedding in July.  We just received his itinerary.  I put together a similar one for our wedding.  It included all the vendors, bridal party, and key family members’ names and phone numbers.  I also included a breakdown of the schedule for the day of the rehearsal and the day of the wedding.

I gave everyone in the party, my wedding coordinator, my photographer, and our families a copy so they knew where to be, and when.  It was also helpful so that everyone had all the other important contacts’ phone numbers. 

As I type this out, it sounds like I was micromanaging things.  I promise, you will not turn into a bridezilla by putting together a detailed schedule.  In fact, it can help you relieve stress about the days before.  We tried to stay close to schedule, but the schedule was more to act as a guideline for the maximum amount of time that could be spent on each thing.

If you aren’t exactly on schedule, it isn’t the end of the world!  We took a bit longer getting ready than anticipated, so our photographer started with the guys’ photos.  Additionally, one of the band members showed up a bit late due to traffic, so we switched around the timing of the speeches and the father/daughter and mother/son dances.

Because my coordinator and photographer had a copy of the schedule, they worked together to rework when those would be so the right photos could be taken.I’ve included a sample of the schedule I had put together.  Feel free to download and use for your own wedding!  It is also helpful if you are throwing any large event!






-Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment